Monday, October 13, 2008

cHiCkEn N dUmPLiNgS!!!

I have been posting so many recipe's lately, I might as well start up a recipe blog! Just call me Betty Freakin Crocker!!! Something about the "fall" in the air has gotten me into a cooking and baking fReNzY! A few weeks ago when I was in the hospital for ovarian cist and a horrible bladder infection (which I still have!) Miss Amanda Johnson brought us over dinner. She made cHiCkEn n DuMpLiNgS and I think it was one of the bEsT things I have ever had in my entire life! Next time I saw her I was like ok honey, you have GoT to give me that recipe, it was too die for! Well, I got the recipe and I made this on Friday night, AND Saturday night! We had it on Fri, and Sat morning Dave was asking me to make it again! Its really really eAsy and really really GoOd! I thought I would share the recipe with everyone!

Chicken N Dumplings

1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
(I cheated here and got a whole chicken (baked and ready to go) at Smiths deli, you can also get them at Walmart. I got the seasoned, just don't get the BBQ! I just cut all the meat off and measured it up to 1 lb, it was so easy!)
1 cup slivered onion
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cans chicken broth
2 cups (1/2 inch thick) sliced carrot (I cheated here and just used ready to go baby carrots)
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups bisquick baking mix
1/3 cup milk

1. Coat a skillet or soup pan with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and onion, saute` 5 minutes. Add celery, saute` 2 minutes. Sprinkle flour over chicken mixture, saute` 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring until well-blended. Stir in carrot, 1/2 tsp thyme, and pepper. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine remaining 1/4 tsp thyme(I added exta thyme), baking mix and milk in a small bowl; stir well. Spoon dough by tablespoons into 12 rounds on top of chicken mixture. Reduce heat to meduim-low; cover and cook 15 minutes or until dumplings are done(do not boil). EnJoY!!!
When I made this for us 4, we all had about 2 servings and there was none left over, if you are cooking for more than 4 I suggest doubling it. Let me know if any of you try it and if you love it like we do!!!

0 comments: