Wednesday, November 19, 2008

FuDgE 2 DiE 4!!!!!


My mom got this recipe from her friend Jill Miles in Monroe, Utah. I made this last winter for the FiRsT time and it was so YuMmY! I think Dave and I ate the entire batch ourselves within a day or so!!! I think it is the best fudge I have ever tried, and it is SO SO eAsY!!!!
I think the bEsT part about this FuDgE is the mArShMellOwS!! It makes it so soft! I will definitely be making some to take to Colorado for TuRkEY dAY, and of course on ChRiStMaS too!!! This is a gReAt holiday tReAt!!!!
ps. we don't like nuts, so we leave them out and its still y-u-m-o!
ROCKY ROAD FUDGE
2 large Hershey bars
4 cups sugar
½ lb butter
1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
1 pkg small marshmallows
2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Freeze ½ pkg marshmallows for 1-2 hours. Chop butter and chocolate into pieces in large bowl, set aside. Put sugar, milk and rest of marshmallows in pan. Bring to boil. Boil rapidly 5-1/2 to 6 minutes. Stir constantly. Pour mixture into butter and chocolate and beat until mixture blends and thickens (4-5 minutes). Add nuts. Pour over frozen marshmallows in buttered dripper pan (large cookie sheet.) Put in Fridge for an hour or so to set up. Keep refrigerated. You can also freeze the fudge for a later date! EnJoY!!!

0 comments: