


Well, today is the anniversary of John's death. Its my D-day, and has been for years. When ever July is over and I turn my calander to August, I still after all these years get teary eyed and a lump in my throat. But today is the day that he died 10 years ago. It seems like just yesterday. There hasn't been one single day that I havent thought about John. He loved life! He made me laugh. He always knew how to put a smile on my face or how to make me burst out laughing! He loved being outdoors and loved being with people. He loved fast cars and motorcycles. He loved my family. Having being raised by his grandparents and being an only child, he never had much of a family life. When we started dating he always wanted to go to my house and "hang-out". He loved my mom and dad and all my brothers and my sis. It was the family he never had. I was so glad that we were able to give him that. I am so glad I got to spend my high school years with him, and a wonderful year and a half of marriage. I never got to tell John goodbye, so I look forward to the day when I can say hello again.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

















3 comments:
sorry this day has to come...I can't believe it has been 10 years! I can still remember the day. he was a great person
Seems like just yesterday, I remember him making us all laugh so hard we had tears in our eyes. Remember when he was talking on that portable CB radio to someone and was using all sorts of funny voices? I know he loved you with all his heart.....we'll all be with him again someday. I'm sure he will wrap his big arms around Dave and Brook and tell them thanks for taking care of you.
Lindsay, my heart aches reading that, i still remember what it felt like, that dark dreary day. But god knew you could handle this trial, John was too good for this world. Im excited for the day when you two can be together again. you have become such a good woman because of all this. Stay Strong!
Post a Comment