So this weekend we are going to good ol' Monroe, Utah for Memorial Weekend. We are staying at my brothers house, who will be gone camping, so we will have the cute little cottage all to ourselves. John is buried in Monroe, as well as my Grandpa, so we are going to take flowers and balloons and decorate their graves. I used to go to Monroe EVERY Memorial weekend, but I haven't been the last 2 years. I really don't like going to the cemetery. Every time I go there it reminds me of the day of the funeral and the day John was buried. When my family ask me why I dont like going there, I simply say I would rather have wonderful memories and think of him in heaven, rather than at the cemetary. Its still so hard to look at his headstone, even 10 years later. But I havent been in a couple of years and I want his grave to look beautiful for Memorial Day so I think its time. I always burst into tears as soon as we pull into that place and I'm sure it will happen this time as well, but I have to go. Its suppose to be rainy and cold all weekend long, so I've been diggin out all of our wintery wools so we don't freeze our tooshes off the whole time we are there. Its always freezing there! But we can stay inside and play games and have some family time. Hopefully the sun will shine for a little while so we can decorate!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

















1 comments:
I am glad your coming to Monroe! hope we see each other cause its been a while since we have chatted! so give me a ring!
Post a Comment