Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Grandma Dotty's Bread!!!

Well for the past few months I have been getting all of my Grandma Dotty's homeade-from scratch recipes. She is the best cook ever!!! I wanted to get as many as I could so I can pass them down to Brook and have her recipes long after she is gone. I finally got her homeade bread recipe and I am going to make it today. The only kind of bread I have ever made is from a bread machine so I am a little nervous and I'm hoping it turns out! If any one has ever had my Granny's bread (Jillynne & Mom) you know how good it really is. My grandma's mom died when she was very young and I had always thought she got the recipe from her, but yesterday she told me that she got it out of a newspaper. It is the best bread in the entire world!!! She told me she isn't able to make it anymore because its too much work, so I hope I can pull it off and take her some when we go to visit!!! Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh I wish you luck... I have been trying to make Marsha's bread since I got married. I can't pull it off. I have been looking for a good bread machine. I love bread..you can tell by looking at my buns..lol

Vanessa said...

Hi Lindsay! IOk now that I was all up on your blogger and reading some of it, I left a comment so that you can see mine too! I need to be better at posting all of our "cool" events that happen in our lives. It's pretty much making food and changing diapers all day, nothing special. See ya!!

Vanessa said...

Hey Lindsay! ok here is the website for it. http://www.raquelwilburphotography.blogspot.com/
** I don't know if you like her style but I think she's great. There are afew others that I know take pictures in the ward. Her pricing is on this page as well! I think it's like $100 for up to 4 people and she gives you some prints! Hope that helps.