Dave got tickets to Nascar this weekend and he usually just takes Brook and they have a little daddy/daughter time. I was planning on having some good old quiet time and running some errands and making a much needed trip to the grocery store. Well, as they were getting ready to head out they kept asking me to come and making me feel guilty, so of course I gave in and went. Well, I hadn't eaten all day and it was about 4:30. I have always said Nascar has yummy concession stands, so I was looking forward to stuffing my face with some good ol greasy goodness! Well, we arrived and walked about 10 miles to the race-track and by this time I was FAMISHED! I told Dave we HAD to get food before we went in. I hadn't had a coke ALL day and I was starting to shake! Well, we found a place to eat and ordered lots of food. We got cheesesteak phillys, corndogs, cheesefries and some soda's. As we were walking past the concession stands to go find our seats I saw an ice-cream and funnel cake sign, and knew we would be coming back for some dessert! So we went to our seats and pigged out! The races began and I was so scared! The whole stadium was shaking and I felt like I couldn't even breath. The trucks were flying by so fast and I couldn't hear anything! We had pretty close seats and every time the trucks came around the turn I kept thinking they were going to crash and flip up and hit us! I'm a nervous ninny I know. Well, there were a few crashes and the fumes nearly killed me! Brook & I had just about enuf of all the fun and we decied to go hit the concession stands one last time for dessert! We got funnel cake and ice cream. We went back to our seats and once again pigged out! The fumes were making me really sick and the noise thing was driving me crazy so we decied to leave a bit early. I guess I'm not a big "racing fan". Well, on the way home I started feeling kinda icky. I thought I just over-ate and it would pass in no time. Boy was I wrong! We got home and I felt so dizzy and gaggish and I was feeling so barfy! I layed on the couch and thought I was going to die! I think it was a combo of ALOT of greasy food, too much junk on an empty stomach, stinky car fumes, and a whole LOT of soda! I went and layed down and realized I had what my mom would call a "GUT ACHE"! I finally cried myself to sleep and woke up this morning feeling so much better! So the lesson here is...NO MORE RACES, and NO MORE GREASY FOOD! Looks like I've written a novel here, but thought you'd all like to know about my horrible "gut ache"!!!!:):):)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

















3 comments:
I feel your pain.....except I have nothing to blame my gutt ache on but enchilada's with lots of beans and cheese and a very rich peach cobbler and a sick headache to top it all off ! Maybe you could become a member of the Big Butt Club..I'm a Charter Member and now call myself President of the Big Butts Society...hahahahahha!!!!
Please join us every Wed evening for food and festivities!
Oh I can only imagine how sick you felt. I hope your feeling better. I am jealous that you got to eat all that yummy food. Next time try to pace yourself a little better..lol
lol! I hate when there is sooo much good food at one place and you feel like you have to try everything! i have been there done that. :)
Post a Comment