Thursday, April 24, 2008

TaGgEd...

Ok, Melissa tagged me so here it goes...
4 things about Brooklyn

1. Brooklyn was the FiRsT girl born in Washington County in the year 2000! She was a little Milennium baby! She was born 4 weeks early and was BrEaChEd!!! I went into labor on New Years eve after eating very spicy taco's at Chili's. I went home and started having horrible contractions. I knew that she was breached and I had a scheduled c-cection on Jan.28, so I was very scared. Dave drove me to the hospital 100 mph, only to have them tell me it was too early for her to come out! They gave some little white pill which was supposed to stop the contractions. Well, we went home and I took the pill. I started feeling very whoozy and was standing in my bedroom and I had the worst PaIn ever! I stumbled over to my closet and was screaming and grabbed on to anything I could, which happened to me my hangers, which I began snapping in half from holding on to them so hard! Once again, Dave drove me back to the hospital 100 mph and we barely made it in. She had started coming down the birth canal (breached) and I had an emergency c-cection. She was born at 4:11 am on Jan. 1, 2000.

2. Brooklyn is a DaDdY's GiRl!!! Brooklyn LoVeS to hang out with her Dad. She always tells people that he is a "pushover" and she can get whatever she wants from him. Which is pretty much true. When ever I tell her she can't have something at the store, she grabs my phone and calls her dad, sweet talks him for a few minutes, and then says "Thanks Dad, your the best". By the way this usally upsets me after I have been telling her No, you can't have it! Whenever I get mad that he has allowed her to have it, after doing no chores, and earning no allowance, she always says, RELAX MOM! She is such a funny girl.

3. Brooklyn LoVeS animals! She has 2 mini pinchers which she absolutley adores! She never calls them by their names, Anni & Santi, It's always, "The Girl and The Boy". Every morning when she wakes, she rushes down the stairs and releases them from the cage and feeds and waters them. She loves taking care of her pups! We used to have an outdoor cat named Sherbie. When we moved to our new house, he ended up going for a walk and never returned (oops!) Brooklyn still talks about him everyday (9 months later). She always says he was the bEsT cat ever and she loved snuggling with him. When we go to the dog park, she is the girl running around petting everyones dog, Which I am not to fond of, and we have warned her several times about this. She will walk right up to a huge great dane and just start hugging and giving loves. She would take them all home with her is she could. She is always saying she wants to move back to Utah so we can have a farm with 100 animals. Her and Taylor have always said when they graduate from Zooligy school, they are going to have a ranch in Utah and take care of as many animals as they can!

4. Brooklyn is my little aNgEl! Brooklyn has saved my life in more ways than one. After John died, my cousin Jillynne's husband Travis was talking to me and he told me there is always something good to come out of all the bad, which was hard to believe at that moment in my life. Well, after I awoke from surgery after having Brooklyn, and they brought her into me for the first time, as soon as they put her in my arms, I remembered him saying that to me. I thought here is all the GOOD! Dave and Brooklyn have both been a bLeSsInG to me and I am so thankful for them each and everyday! Brooklyn's name also has a special meaning. When John and I were married, we had always talked about what we were going to name our kids. BrOoKlYn was the girl name. Well, I had told this to Dave and I after I had found out I was having a girl, he said lets name her Brooklyn for John. I was like are you sure, and he said yes lets do it! So thats where "Brooklyn" comes from. Her middle name is JoY, and that is Crystal's (Dave's sisters) middle name. She set us up on our blind date, so we thought we should name Brooklyn after her. Brooklyn is definatly the JoY to our lives! She is such a loving, sweet girl and we are so blessed to have her. She can be VeRy stubborn at times, and a little headstrong, but all of her sweetness makes up for it! Love ya Brooklyn!!!
Now I tag Jillynne for Brielle and Lainey, and Lyndi for Madison and Max!

1 comments:

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Oh I just love brookie lou!! She is so sweet. My kiddo's are coming with us to the baptism and Mads is very excited to see Brook...Let me know if there is any last minute things that you need...do taylor and brooke have scripture bags for church...if they don't let me know and I am going to make them some. We'll see you next weekend..cant wait:)